Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I suppose this is a spiritual connection question. I met a

I suppose this is a spiritual connection question.
I met a man online a few years ago, I fell in love, I've never had anything like these feelings for anyone before. Well it ended and I am heartbroken, I think of him often and my feelings have never changed. I've tried to deny them, I've tried to excuse them, but they are still there. I've tried to forget and move on. I thought I was doing better recently and then something happened. Someone wrote to me, who reminded me of him, all those old *falling in love feelings* came flying back, I am getting chills/goosebumps whenever I think of him, I am getting the feeling (from where I don't know) that he wants me or needs me, there was always this connection that I was on his mind....
I have this overwhelming feeling that there is something going on....
Am I losing my this possible there is a spiritual connection of some sort.
When I met him, I always felt as though he was sent to me for a reason, that I was supposed to love him..I felt as though my Mum & Gran who are dead had sent him to me..
Is there any sense in any of these feelings that have suddenly re-emerged and are as strong as ever, despite us not communicating in 2 years?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help you with this situation.

There is nothing crazy about what is going on.

You have never fully let go of this man or admitted to yourself that he was irretrievably gone from your life.

It is, in a sense, wishful dreaming or wishful thinking.

You want him to want and need you. You want to believe that he has been sent to you for divine or spiritual reasons. This is very strong wishful thinking and dreaming.

The sad truth is that he is long gone and you need to find new dreams and goals in your life. This one has faded into the distant past.

My prayers are with you.

Warm regards,