Norman M.
Norman M., Psychotherapist
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DHP, ECP, UKCP Registered, 10 years in relationship counselling, over 2,000 satisfied mental health customers.
14727623

I have been dating for one month much to my surprise, I stayed

I have been dating for one month much to my surprise, I stayed there last night for the first time which is a big jump and now he is quite short in texting only, have a good laugh about it in the office and get back to me as I think this maybe a dumper not a keeper. Ho Ho
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Norman M. replied 11 months ago.

Norman M. :

Hello - I´m Norman. Can we talk?

Norman M. :

I see that you are still offline, so I´m going to move this to Q and a mode, and leave some information there for your return.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi I am not offline, just pc in sleepy mode, so what do you think about a guy that sort of goes MIA after the first night together?? I think I know the answer tell me your thoughts as a human I do not know. A fresh few or view is always welcome.

I can suggest a few possibilities.

1. He got what he wanted, another notch on his bedpost, so why should he stay around.

2. He is anxious and afraid to commit to the relationship.

3. He is already in another relationship and is afraid to continue with you.

4. He feels sexually incompatible with you, or is afraid that he does not match up to your bedroom standards.

The possibilities are endless really, and sadly, the only way to be sure is to communicate with him and ask.

I suggest you give him a few days space, and if nothing develops during that time, if there is no rekindling of the relationship, ask him directly if he is interested in carrying it on (if in fact you want to do that).

If you don’t get a satisfactory answer or if he seems to be hedging his bets, you can cut your losses, chalk it up to experience and move on. After all, although it is sad that this has happened, better now than months down the road and deeper into the relationship.

Norman M., Psychotherapist
Experience: ADHP(NC), DHP, ECP, UKCP Registered, 10 years in relationship counselling, over 2,000 satisfied mental health customers.