Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

I have been involved with a woman who is married. He husband

Customer Question

I have been involved with a woman who is married. He husband mentally and emotionally abuses her. He is best friends with her ex boyfriend and they attack her and belittle her every chance they get. The husbands friend saw her and I in a store together one day last week. He saw us hug and reported back to the husband. He has threatened her life and mine since. She is not allowed to leave the house or talked to anyone. I know it wasn't right but she is an incredible person and we have some incredibly strong feelings for each other. She can't talk to me and I haven't heard from her in a couple days. She is terrified and trapped and no one believes he is doing anything. What can I do and what can she do? Should I just forget or stay out for when she gets out?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
Hello. This can be a much more dangerous situation regardless of your relationship with her. If you feel she is in physical danger, you need to seek local authorities for help. You don't need to go into any details about you and her of course, you can say you have a friend who is in danger and explain the situation. Is there anyone else who is a mutual friend who may be able to support your story?
What she needs to do is get away. Has she indicated at all that she is interested in leaving him and removing herself from the situation? Her intentions matter a great deal. If she wants to stay and she chooses to be in this environment, then this is choice is hers. You can't do much about that. She will have to take some sort of initiative and understand that she has you and she has legal options and support if she wants to get out of an abusive situation. Depending on where you live, different options are available, you have to seek those specific outlets out.
So, the key is, does she want to leave? If the answer is no, you can't do much of anything, but if the answer is yes, you and she both have a lot of options. I hope she makes the right choice and decides to pack up what she can and leave. She should not be in an abusive environment.
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience: Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She wants to leave yes. She was in the process of having some legal papers signed an inter spousal agreement and has been waiting for that to be done for a few months. She wants to be with me. I'm concerned getting help involved may make things worse. I am lost and don't respond we'll to threats. I am helpless so what now?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't live far but I am far from his and her daily routine. He doesn't know where I live. I rent and can easily pick up and leave. That is the scenario is the friend only saw us hug and saw us with our arms around each other like an arm around her waist. He is a video gamer and a chronic pot smoker who doesn't like to leave the house. I think right now she is doing the happy housewife to please him to have him sign these papers. This is not post on the Internet is it?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I know we stared in a bad way but we have been friends 3 years now and it was not hard to fall for each other. She is a very special person. Can I still email her work address and just let her know I support her? She is not responding to my one message a day. Am I being charged 35 dollars a question? I click the 35 one and thought I had 7 for that
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's secure. I guess I just have to wait for her to respond. Your right a bad situation it is. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!