Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

How can I know if I ended a relationship before it started?

How can I know if I ended a relationship before it started? In short we met online, had dinner then spent the day together & had a great time. He told me that we would see each other again in a couple of weeks & a month went by so I figured he was not interested. I needed closure so I basically said we talked about how important communication is & I texted u to see if u r ok but u have not communicated so I can only interpret that as "I'm not interested" so it was nice meeting u and good luck.

I was baffled cuz he texted when he got home after we had spent day together, said he had a great time, thanked me and told me that he didn't want to leave & that he wished he was still with me, I concurred with his sentiments & then he went silent. We had lunch, miniature golfed and watched a movie, we were so comfortable with each other, he even told me that.

His wife left him with 4 children that he raised & promised them that he would not have a relationship until they were all adults & out of the house, it took 14 years & he has been on his own for 6 months. I was married for 31 1/2 years, 15 good 16 1/2 bad. we lived as roommates so although I have been divorced for 3 1/2 years I have been single for 21.

I noticed that Will is still viewing my profile, I am still very interested in him but I don't want to give him the impression that I am chasing him or that I am desperate. Now I am feeling like I pulled the plug prematurely, but I have been hurt so much that I didn't want to prolong it. Can you please help me?

Hello. You need to contact him. You need closure. You already know that there is a chance of rejection. What do you have to lose at this point? Think about your options. You are sitting here wondering all of this when you can just reach out to him and find out. You will either be rejected or you will get a good response. Either way, you deserve to know. I really don't think he will think you are stalking him, given the way you both connected. Go for it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX trying to br difficult but I think I didn't make my self clear. I already contacted him once by text & when he didn't respond I emailed him on the site and told him what I wrote to u the first time, still no you still think I should reach out to him and contact him again? A third time? He told me he had stalkers after him on the site, I don't want to be included in that number but I also don't want to pull the plug on something that could be solid later. I need to go out for a while but I am anxious to get your response, please.

I would reach out to him one last time. I would explain to him why you are doing it and that you are not stalking him, you just felt that you both had a connection and need some sort of closure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok one last thing , when I pulled the plug it was almost Sept, so I was gonna wait till mid Oct. Should I wait kit now.
You should probably wait a little bit then. Maybe another few weeks or until it drives you crazy!