Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My friend has, in the last two months: been to Europe on an

My friend has, in the last two months: been to Europe on an injured knee for a month, she has had doctor visit for it upon return to the states, then put off surgery on it to visit with granddaughters here for ten days, prior to that she was in CA for ten days and after that in OR for three days not including travel time. She had a few days in between those trips at home to unpack, etc. She asked doctor to put off surgery. Is this normal (schedule, etc.)?
Is she indicating to doctor she is trying to avoid anyone socially by being occupied and overly so, (does anyone do that?) or is it just normal? They owned a large company and are a bit like celebrities but not quite so may have had too much attention in the past...
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

It is nice to see you here again.

I believe that I can help.

Your friend is facing knee surgery that may prevent her from being mobile for some time. She will have to reover slowly and perhaps be in a wheelchair for awhile.

She is probably a very sociable person and is used to travelling and seeing lots of people.

She must realize that once she gets the surgery she will have to stay put. Right now the weather is still nice and a good time to go traveling, see the granddaughters and old friends and familly.

She probably is not looking forward to being out of commission so she is probably doing her traveling now, while the weather is nice, and then saving her surgery and recovery for the colder months.

She may also dread having surgery and so she could also be putting it off for that reason as well.

I'm sure that is she is used to a whirlwind social life she would rather take a break from it when the weather is not as good for traveling and bouncing around the country.

I wish you a wonderful week ahead.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC