Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

Dr.Page,I have another question for you.Yesterday my ex was

Customer Question

Dr.Page,I have another question for you.Yesterday my ex was calling me,I did not pick the phone.He called our daughter and tolf her to get up on Saturday early so they could go to downtown because his coudin from another country came.My daughter said that it was very early for her to get up.My ex got upset and called me.I told him I did not like his tone of voice and him blaming me for her behavior.I tolf him O am hanging the phone and not listening tp his tantrum.5 minutes later he called to apologize
Did I do the right thing? Should I do anything alsr to make him see he needs to change?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent Dr. Paige, your requested professional, a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
I would like to continue to help you, however of all the question threads you have asked me over the past month, you have only rated one of my answers out of many. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to make you feel as though you can rate all of the open threads you have left open with me?
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience: Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I aleady rated as excellent your service,can you please answer my last question.Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today my ex called 4 times,on the phone,on the 5th time I picked the phone.He just called to ask how we are doing,asked if I saw pictures that our daughter took.He kept on talking until I told him I had to go.He asked why I was not answering phone.I told him I was busu and did not hear it.What is he trying to do?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he calls,should I just ignore it or ash him to leave detailed message so I can know the reason?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he calls,should I just ignore it or ask him to leave detailed message so I can know the reason?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he leaves a message and I find it important enough,I can call?I already told him about a month ago to leave a message,he is choosing not to.Should I remind him again?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.Yesterday my ex called several times but I did not pick the phone.Today he called in the morning I answered because it eas his tone day to dpend with our daughter.During lunch he callef me to ask if I needed anything because I told him I have a cold.I told hom I don't need anything.When he came,he offered to make me a tea,I said I can do it by myself.When he suuggested which medicine yo take,I told him stop controlling me,I know what to do.He could not inderstand why I was not picking phone yesterrday,I just ignored him. Does he truly care about me how I am feeling when I am sick? Does he genuily care or is it something alsr?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I am going to limit my conversations and contact eith me even more will he realize anything? Might he change his behaviors or no?Will he get even more lonely?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But based on our previous conversations is there is some way to predict a direction or progression of things? What do you think?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex called in a morning several times,I did not pick the phone.When he called in the afternoon,I picked up the phone.He said that he was worried because I am sick and wanted to know how I was feeling.I told him I did not puck the phone because I was busy and next time he can just leave a voice mail.So,when I am available I will call him back.I wad wondering when his calls are health related like today,can I answer phone or he still needs to leave a message? Was my answer to him ok?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will him leaving a message help me be more in charge of situation or I am. not understanding it correctly?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignoring him will help him understand anything or make him think?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much time should I give it to see if there any changes?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you were to put % on the succsess or his abilty to cange what would be likelyhood be?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today he called me 2 times and even left a message for the first time.My ex asked to call him to let him know how I am feeling. 3 hourd later I called him back and had 1min conversation. Is he really worried and wants to know how I am feeling,or is he just trying to stay in contant or there is something alse? Is it okey that I called him or no?
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are right,I will definitely follow your advice and cut ties wirh him.I think I can do it now.Please continue helping me.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please continue helping me? I will cut the ties with him.Please be patient with me.I know what to do now,I just need to be stronger and do it.
Expert:  Norman M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.So,when he calls I should not pick up the phone ay all? Should I tell him why I am not answering?