Attachments are only available to registered users.
I may be mistaken by not having all the facts, but from what you have told me I believe that I may have cracked the code.
I shall keep you in my prayers.
Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
i appreciate your willingness to want to answer this question however I dont feel we click. I have posted before and you answered at the time and I felt the same then as I do now. I feel with your answers you tend to add more of your own speculation or feelings vs I have had others who gave me alot of information without adding their own opinions. I feel you must care about people to an extent to do what you do and im sure there are others out there that would benefit from your work however I dont feel we are a good match. your answers always cause anxiety in me and they dont have solutions. I have had others answers questions and I feel relieved and good just after one answer. they are sticking to answering the questions giving non bias answers. no opinions. Be well
Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder
(DSM IV - TR)
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
In any event, I wish you peace and harmony in your life.
the reason I posted on the personality disorders was becuase of what you said and honestly both he and I have 1 or 2 traits and so does everyone else I know.