Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

My sister ran away from home over 17 years ago and I want to

My sister ran away from home over 17 years ago and I want to find her. She has been pretty well hidden for most of that time, I think under an alias, because I've searched public records for her 4 years ago, and couldn't find anything. Regular Intellus etc will not find her. Can anyone give me good ideas how to find a missing person that doesn't want to be found??

Dear XXXXX :

Thank you for your question.

Dear XXXXX :

There are many ways to try and look for someone even when it has been such a long time.

Dear XXXXX :

If she is using a different name, I am sure she is still using her date of birth and she might also be using her middle name.

Dear XXXXX :

Some times people sue their middle names as their first, so you want to try that when you do a search and also the date f birthday.

Dear XXXXX :

What will happen is the middle name will match the date of birth.

Dear XXXXX :

Here are a list of nine to search engines that you can search.

Dear XXXXX :

http://websearch.about.com/od/peoplesearch/tp/free-people-search-engines.htm

Dear XXXXX :

She could be still in contact with old friends as well, so you might want to get in contact with them to see if they have talked or seen her. Often times people get in contact with old friends.

Dear XXXXX :

The very first thing you want to do is look up the person through an on-line search engine such as Yahoo! or Google. This will list information. You also want to type in last known address to see if there is a new address or if the person name has been changes. I want you if she has a middle name you want to type in her full name. If nothing comes up, I want you to put in her middle name and date of birth.

Dear XXXXX :

This site might be very helpful in seeking alternative to your search. http://www.futurescopes.com/advice/915/how-find-someone-your-past-locating-old-lover-or-friend-youve-lost-touch

Dear XXXXX :

If you need anymore assistance or anymore question I am here to answer. thank you.

Customer:

Thanks!

You welcome if you need anymore help. I am here to answer all your questions.