Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.
37122071

I am completely confused with this guy. We have been on several

Customer Question

I am completely confused with this guy. We have been on several dates over last few months. We both have very busy schedule. Since last month I have initiated all contact. He answer all my texts politely but has not asked me out in last four weeks. we work together and therefore don't want it to be awkward between us. Should I ask him out and politely confirm that he just wants to be friends or let him fade out?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,
This is a dilemma. The question is: what does his behavior (not asking you out in 4 weeks) mean? It could mean he is busy, shy, or has a girlfriend. If he does have another relationship, it might be very awkward for him if you ask him out. Since you must work with him, you probably want to avoid this discomfort. For this reason, you should probably wait him to make the next move. (If you did not work together, you may be able to take a bigger risk by being assertive.)