Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

Please can you tell me if it was right that I tried to mislead

Customer Question

Please can you tell me if it was right that I tried to mislead her by saying that he wants to get back to his ex wife. What should I have said? Also by the questions she asked do you believe that she wants him? How about him when he asked me about everyone including their husbands. I emphasized that they were married and very good friends of mine (here he laughed and said really? Yes I said she also knows my problems. He later offered me help to a certain problem that I had and showed genuine interest in me. I am confused!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 3 years ago.
It's hard to say what she is thinking. You probably should have been honest with her, but that doesn't really matter now, what's said has been said. You can't change that. It is a little odd he would ask about their husbands, but some people just ask strange things which they don't think are strange. I understand why you are confused. Once you can speak with him, hopefully you can get some clarity. These situations can be difficult because there is a lot of speculation going on when nothing you are thinking might be reality. Try not to drive yourself crazy with what-ifs. Once you are able to touch base with him and also talk with your friend again, you will have the chance to get clarity. Until then, try to relax and not think about details which may not mean a thing.