Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

husband left me 4 weeks ago, says he misses me but wont come

husband left me 4 weeks ago, says he misses me but won't come home, has been out of a job for 1 year this week, I should do what????
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help. You must be devastated.

How is he supporting himself? Does he have anyone else?

He has come to you for sex and he keeps in touch, but he is destroying a longstanding relationship.

He could be suffering from low self-esteem which is associated with the depression he must feel from being unemployed for so long.

People who are depressed also lose interest in in people and things that were once dear to them - including relationships.

I think it is essential that he gets some therapy quickly, to turn this depression around. it is destroying him and you both.

You must do your best to build him up and help him out of this deep pit that I believe he has fallen into. This sounds so much like depression, more than anything else.

I know you want to save this marriage. It is a longterm investment and you must do your best to encourage him to get help.

I shall keep you in my prayers for success.

Warm regards

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC