Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My wife and i have been married for almost 2y years. as time

Customer Question

My wife and i have been married for almost 2y years. as time passed we settled into a routine that did not include alot of sex, kids, carriers , mortages and life happened. We talked about our issues and both agreed we would make a concerted effort to make time for each other and our freidship has improved. she recently went on a business trip to Las Vegas and has come home acting differently. she seems like she is protective of her phone and i pad, has been very nice to me but i sense she wants to tell me something but cannot decide. I am concerned she may have had a fling.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 11 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

Your wife is guarding a secret and is troubled. She is hiding her personal information now because it contains evidence of some kind of pre-arranged and perhaps ongoing relationship.

Your wife went on a business trip and has come back different, troubled, and with something on her mind.

Something went on and it seems as if it was more than just a fling, but perhaps an ongoing or newly emerging affair with some business associate.

You can let her tell you, or if you think she is holding back, you can tell her that you know her well enough to see that he is guarded and secretive and you feel that something is going on, perhaps an affair.

Be gentle, calm, and pick a good moment where she will not have a good excuse to run off to do something.

Move slowly and maybe you can not only find out what is going on, but find a way to turn things around and save the marriage, if it is headed in the wrong direction.

If there is a problem, don't hesitate to talk to a marriage and family therapist, who are master's level and trained to help.

I wish you great courage and strength, and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.