Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

Dr Page,I have a question about my daughter She is very smart

Customer Question

Dr Page,I have a question about my daughter
She is very smart but spoiled.She is the only child.She expects lots of things be her way
She has a very strong personality.How would I have her understand that she has to be more considerate and helpful?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 3 years ago.
Hello. You need to speak with her honestly about this. You are the parent and you are in control. It also depends on the specific situation as well. If she is wanting something that you are unable or willing to give to her, explain why. You can also explain to her that she has to give to get. If you will do this, this or that, you can get this or that in return, etc. Treat her with respect and as a person, but also know that you have the final say of any situation.