Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I was in a relationship for 17 years, part of those years were

Customer Question

I was in a relationship for 17 years, part of those years were long distance 5 years to be exact. Well in Feb. 2013 he met someone and broke up with me over the phone. But his girlfriend found out we were talking and texting and she block my number so I no longer can call and vice a verse. But he set up a separate email address for me so we can still communicate and we have for several weeks. I would like to know why he stills wants to talk to me, but yet not have me in his life?

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 10 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Your ex-boyfriend is not faithful and is now having some kind of emotional relationship with you while he is with another, just as he was having one with her, or someone, when he broke up with you in a somewhat cowardly manner.

If he talks to you then you ARE in his life. You are talking now an maybe he wants to get friendlier.

Whether it is physical or just emotional, it strongly resembles 'having someone on the side'.

He is driving you to having anxiety attacks of one kind of the other (perhaps general anxiety or panic attacks or something in between).

This is difficult for you and will not get you very far.

If somehow you win him back (and I don't see it, but let's just say), then you will now have to worry about his fidelity with someone else.

He does this either because he is very insecure, or because he may have some narcissitic personality trains and need the admiration and/or control, and ultimately does not care how others will feel. Narcissists are unable to empathize with the pain of others.

He is not the best one to count on for your future romance.

I hope that you find someone who treasures you as his precious one and only,

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.