TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Hi kate, I would like to ask a question I was at the car

Hi kate, I would like to ask a question
I was at the car place with my husband twice to get my seat adjusted, because it is uncomfortable for me. While there, my husband took over, was controlling and directive although I was the one who needed to talk to the tech, not him. Next when I saw the tech alone I saidto him that my husvand can be a little.....but didnt have the words but he knew I meant controlling. I could tell he knew by the way he handled him, so I told the tech you handled him
Hello Dee,

It is fine to acknowledge the issue with the tech. It sounds like your husband took over the situation and did not allow you to express your needs and talk to the tech like you wanted to. You recognized the behavior because you have seen it before, but the tech might have been thrown off by it. Acknowledging it allows the tech to know how to respond if your husband should do the same thing again. It also allows the tech to know what you want out of the situation. As long as the conversation about your husband does not continue from there, you did just fine.

Kate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Kate. Have a good week.

You're welcome! You too :)

Kate