Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Am I obligated to give a stepdaughter a copy of her Fathers

Am I obligated to give a stepdaughter a copy of her Father's will? He passed away in Dec. and there has been no commucation with her since his death.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

This is a legal document and she is entitled to it. It it was not submitted to the probabe courte or local court clerk in a smaller town, then it should be submitted to them and a copy sent to her.

You do not need to send holiday cards but rather a copy of the will itself, notarized for authenticity, to her name with the writing on the envelope: CONTENTS: LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF {HIS NAME}.

She is entitlted to it and you should make every reasonable effort to get it to her.

Warm regards,

Elliorr, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC