Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

So... I met this guy when I went away to New Orleans. As soon

Customer Question

So... I met this guy when I went away to New Orleans. As soon as I saw him I was instantly attracted. We didn't hang out much down there, but that night I did see him out and we danced the whole night. We kept in touch when we got back and hit it off right away. He told me he's in an "on and off" relationship. he took me out on our first date,we had an amazing time, for the first time I felt like a lady - he was such a gentleman. We only kissed that night. Fast forward to the second week, I ask him why isn 't his off and on gf pressuring him to get married and thats when he tells me she did and that they r engaged. I was so angry, i didn't speak to him but then when he finally got a hold of me, he gave me a really heartfelt apology and said he would come over and tell me face to face. He never meant for any of this to happen but that when he met me something came over him as well. Not to mention him and his fiance r having a lot of problems, r in therapy and have thought about calling it quits plenty times. So of course I tried to resist but was unable or else I wouldn't be writing you right now. He said he did think about leaving her and jus being with me but thought it was hard because he only known me for a month, I also discouraged him on that cuz now I don't really want him either cuz of the circumstances. She could be me one day. He does know that he wants nothing with me sexually once he gets married, he wants to do allof that the right way. We have been intimate several times and now i'm realizing that he's actually getting married sooner than I thought. So I told him that's it, no more. So we r jus friends now, i don't see him, etc. But we still talk and he's already askin if we can hang out but in social settings with friends and stuff. We have already told each other we love each other, its the type of thing that if he were single we probably would have been married 6 months from now, thats how strong the chemistry is, its not something either of us could control. We both have said, minus the circumstance, he is the man i been looking for all my life and i am the woman he's been looking for. advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 11 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.