Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships

Of what religion was Walt Disney?

Of what religion was Walt Disney?

Hi! I'll be glad to help you with this question.

As is often the case with celebrity figures, there are two views about Disney's religious beliefs and they are opposite views. One is that he was very involved in religion, a Congregationalist Christian. The other is that he had no interest as an adult in organized religion. I tend to believe the second view because the sources are more authoritative.

When you look at the real sources behind all the websites (including Wikipedia) that propound he was a Congregationalist, they are all based on one source, a website called Disney Dreamer, which is the site of one man, Cameron English. There are disclaimers by him that nothing he writes is backed by Disney or Walt Disney's estate. So, take it for what it's worth. All the sites are based on a web page English created wherein Walt writes in the first person about his deep beliefs. But who actually wrote this is not stated:

Now, here is a link to a book called Walt Disney's Missouri that gives a more detailed history of Walt's religious upbringing (very religious) and then disinterest as an adult. Again, you are trusting the author, but it is a more academic book:

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Hi! I'm very glad that I was able to help you with this and thank you for your positive rating. If I can help you in the future in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best,
Dr. Mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We 've been long ago done. Please close this out. Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean as I believe the question is inactive unless you open it like you did, but I'll send this to the moderator for help since I don't know about that area, okay?

All the best to you,

Dr. Mark