Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships

Hi Im a Hindu girl and have a Muslim boyfriend we have been

Hi I'm a Hindu girl and have a Muslim boyfriend we have been together for 1 year and are in deep love with each other we have never had doubts on each other either. I had a bf before but he has never had a girlfriend. He's a kind of guy who follows his religion properly. There's no way that we can get married without me getting converted to Islam and I have happily accepted that fact an ready to convert. But the problem is every time I ask him if he will marry me or not? He doesn't answers to this question. All he says is we will see what happens as time passes I can't say anything at the moment I have for no answer for this question. Both if his parents are having medical problems mum is a bp patient ad dad is a heart patient.
I need some advice on how to the answer from him because I can't be in a live in relationship anymore and not knowing what's going to happen.

Hi! I'll be glad to help you with this issue.

I can imagine how confusing this situation must be for you. You are clearly a loving and caring woman and you love him very much. You are willing to take on a new life as a Muslim for his sake. This is a tremendous gesture of love. And you are concerned that he is not ready to make a gesture confirming his love for you.

And this is actually the key to my answer to you that you need to consider and think about. This is indeed a very serious issue and you are correct to be concerned. The question of marriage between you is vital. You are prepared to change your religion and lifestyle to join his way of life for the sake of your love for him. But this is only meaningful and relevant if you two marry.

He is withholding this from you. And you don't know why. That is the hurtful problem here, that he is not letting you know why he is not ready to commit to marriage. Perhaps it is his worry about his parents. Perhaps it is something else.

However, you deserve to know the answer. There is no way for your relationship to move forward without the two of you discussing this and sharing what is in each of your hearts honestly. Therefore, I recommend that you answer him by telling him that the two of you need to have an open discussion about what your plans are. And if he responds that time will tell, then you must tell him that you love him and you need him to tell you, not time. Because you need to know if he is truly prepared to marry. And if not, that he please tell you why not.

Then once he tells you, it will be possible for you to decide if his reasons are valid and you wish to wait for his timetable. Or if you feel that he is not fully committed and you are not prepared to make all of these life changes without his being committed.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Hi! I'm very glad that I was able to help you with this and thank you for your positive rating. If I can help you in the future in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best,
Dr. Mark