Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I was in a relationship with this guy for 7 months. It wasnt

I was in a relationship with this guy for 7 months. It wasn't serious until about 3 months in, and I had a crush on him for 2 years. He couldn't keep his hands off of me and would text me everyday. He also introduced me to his family and his friends, and would include me in some of their activities. After we had sex, he still acted the same, but was very busy. He was an engineer and going to grad school where he was preparing for finals at the time. We finally got to see each other 2 weeks after we slept together and it was awkward. He barely looked at me, and I felt like I was acting a little distant. I've always been shy, but never to this extent around him before. When I was leaving, he only hugged me goodbye instead of giving me a kiss. He didn't contact me after that. I finally sent him a text a week later apologizing for seeming distant and we started texting again, but not like we used to. He kept saying that he was busy, but he would still hang out with his friends just not with me. I finally snapped and told him about that and said that I couldn't wait anymore in a text because he would not see me in person. He then stopped talking to me altogether and deleted me and blocked me from facebook. I tried to apologize again because it was really wrong of me to do that through text, but he just ignored my calls and messages. It's been almost 4 months since, and I still can't get over him. The more people I talk to, the more I think about him. I just want to know, did he dump me because he felt like I wasn't into him, or did he really lose interest all of a sudden? Should I keep trying? What can I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 12 months ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

He could not have felt that you were not into him. You pursued him and made your intentions very clear.

He lost interest in you, or more likely found someone else.

You asked a friend who probably did not want to get in the middle of your personal problems and so feigned ignorance if he knew something.

You have learned something valuable about this man.

He lacks character and moral strength and acted in a very cowardly manner. He cut you out of your life like you were a skin growth and not as if you were a real person with feelings.

You need to do your best to get over him. When you do you will be very thankful that this relationship ended, although he did not give you the courtesy of getting closure.

Let me recommend a book for you:

Product Details

Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You by Susan J. Elliott JD MEd

I wish you great success in finding closure on this failed relationship. Your life will change and you will find happiness again in a relationship, but this time with more satisfaction.

To that end I shall you you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.