Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

My wife, at home during dinner, after a few drinks, said would

My wife, at home during dinner, after a few drinks, said would you be surprised if I told you I had an sexual affair some years ago I said yes [ i thought I was married to Mother Superior, mass every day, religious meetings all during the lectures to children about sex before marriage} Then she said I did not have the affair because of my high morals and my religious beliefs but I would have if it were for not for them. My question is how physical and emotionally was she involved or was she just tempted ? [email protected]
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that she was, under the influence of a few drinks, telling you that you have not been completely satisfying to her as her husband.

Because of her deep moral convictions and her honesty, I believe that she is telling you the truth. She may have been tempted and had the opportunity, but her entire self-discipline has been to resist temptation and to be honest and truthful.

Therefore, I am strongly inclined to believe that she is innocent of any wrongdoing.

I suggest that your redouble your efforts to support and honor her even more than you already do. If she knows that she is your beloved then she will never stray.

I shall keep you both in my prayers for a strong and eternal bond.

Warm regards,