Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships
50444359

My partner works 2 jobs also goes to school we live in different

My partner works 2 jobs also goes to school we live in different boMy partner works 2 jobs also goes to school we live in different boroughs & come down to visit his side a town where my parents live recently its been getting harder to see him, so I told him it seems like he's not interested anymore & he as something of mine I would like it back when I come to visit my parents we can meet up....well he called me & told me I'm just as responsible & why are we so quick to give up on relationships these days, he said I'm not just amother pretty face I have deep feelings for you your a good person I don't want you to go nowhere i'm going through a tough time right now no matter what's going on in my life right now I want you here....he barely have time for me & my feelings are deep should I hang in there & not be hard on him....I don't knowon in my life right now I want you here....he barely have time for me & my feelings are deep should I hang in there & not be hard on him....I don't know
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I'll be glad to be of help with this issue.

I can imagine how confusing and distressing this situation must be for you. You clearly have feelings for him but you also know that he's not ready emotionally to be in a healthy relationship. He's making you feel guilty about your desire to meet your own needs by looking elsewhere for a good relationship.

And this is actually the key to my answer to you that you need to consider and think about. Good people do feel guilty for wanting to act on their own needs instead of the other person's needs. But that is not a good basis for a relationship. Really, it's not a healthy way to keep a relationship going, that you feel bad because he thinks he needs you.

You have a right to have a good, healthy relationship. And again, guilt is not a good basis for trying to make this one into a long term relationship.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience: Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I'm very glad that I was able to help you with this and thank you for your positive rating. If I can help you in the future in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best,
Dr. Mark