Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I need for one of the dr. to give me an opinion on a relationship

Customer Question

I need for one of the dr. to give me an opinion on a relationship issue. I am confused about a lady who I have been dating. We had a date for this weekend and a few hours ago, she saids she had to go out of town for a meeting. I could not believe she could do that without plenty of noticed or tell them, she didn't have enough noticed. I told her I was very disappointed! I am older than she is and edit is very important to me! It is expected to be up front with a gentleman or lady. I know this is limited information, I need an opinion from a professional.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

You have been dating this woman and have not had this situation arise before. Give her the benefit of the doubt and be gracious to her and do not show her disbelief or mistrust or overdo your disappointment.

If you react too negatively you will hurt the relationship if she really is telling the truth.

Wish her a safe trip and tell her that you are looking forward to seeing her when she returns.

You will get the best response from her if you give her complete trust and don't try to make her feel conflicted.

Give her trust and she will come back to you and be honest with you. If you give her a hard time you will damage your friendship.

I wish you great success and happiness in this relationship, and I shall keep you in my prayers for happiness.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC