Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.

In todays day and age, if a male wears a ring on his right

In today's day and age, if a male wears a ring on his right hand is he considered gay?
Hello and thank you for consulting just answer,

Definitely not, a man can wear ring on any finger, gay or not. Some gay couples who marry are chosing right ring finger to separate themselves from heterosexual couples but this is not true in all cases. So you just can not tell.

......but earrings are a different matter. Most people still assume that right ear is for gay men. But others say that is a legend. In this day and age most gay men wear earrings in both ears.

Hope this helps...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cool. I just wanted to prove to my wife that she was completely wrong. I wear my wedding band which has 5 .25k diamonds on my left hand and I wear a family ring on my right. I also have both my ears pierced with one diamond stud on each ear. So I'm pretty blinged out for a liberal lefty that accepts all people. I also wanted to ask bc I'm in the design industry and work with plenty of gay men. Some of them who are married wear their ring on either hand. So I guess it is however other idiots want to perceive it. Thanks
Yes, it is difficult to tell these days because the rule is "Whatever you are comfortable with".