Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

How can you tell if you are a victim of domestic abuse is you

Customer Question

How can you tell if you are a victim of domestic abuse is you are not being hit?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
If you are scared of your husband and you aren't happy in your relationship because how he treats you, then you are in a bad situation. If he yells at you and makes you feel scared and bad about yourself, then you are in an abusive situation.
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience: Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wow, You are so kind and empathetic

Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't understand your response. You asked how to tell if you are in a bad situation. If you aren't happy and you feel very badly, then you are. I' not sure how to answer that in a kind and empathetic way, only the truth and facts which sometimes don't sound so kind.
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience: Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I could have just re-read my post and gotten on wiki for a definition if I was hoping for that answer. Maybe you did your best, XXXXX XXXXX know. Maybe I am sensitive because I have been hiding this for so long coming on here was huge to me and admitting I needed help was a really big deal for me and maybe I sound stupid but I don't care. I needed to hear it from someone else that it was not my fault and I CAN change it. Since reading your answer I got on google and found out for myself that there are shelters and 24/hr hotlines there for me. I am no "expert" but I would have thought that would have been something to mention to a person in my situation. I realize how stupid you must think I am that I am saying, " He does all these horrible things and I am so scared but he doesn't leave marks so it's safe, right?" I have dealt with this situation changing very slowly and gradually for 10 years and it's easy to except things as normal when you get used to them. It doesn't help that I have been told by the man I love and take care of that I am always wrong, crazy, screwed up, and I don't deserve to care for my children because I was an alcoholic for so long. Maybe if you think about what I have really been through you will see how I have been beaten down and lied to for so long it's hard to tell what's real and that you could have taken the time think my question over instead of just spitting out common facts. Not that you are what happens to me or my children I suspect, you are worried about the bad review so I tell you what, I will give you a good review because even through your ignorance of me I wouldn't want you to suffer because I was upset. Please have an outstanding day and keep up the awesome job of providing us nobody's with your expertise, thank you for your time.

Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not realise

Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!