Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

Dear XXXXX; You answered most of my questions April 19th but

Dear XXXXX; You answered most of my questions April 19th but I am still concerned why she was so unhappy, with me after I told her about my finance deal.which she stated I was hiding from her for the past nineteen years. After I told her and admitted I should have told her long ago she did not forgive or forget but brought it all the time for two years. She was still unhappy with me then to the point of seeing a lawyer about a divorce. I was doing everything she wanted me to do as a good loving husband, Was she involved with someone else or talking with someone about how unhappy she still was at this time If you remember my is a control person she goes does and sees who and what ever she wants to do. I am invited but if I do not want to go she goes any way. She is very active in charities and different organization therefore has many opportunities to see and be with many men. She is very attractive and has a turn on personality and an extravert.We are still married, WM B XXXXXX

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear XXXXX,

I believe that I can help.

Back on your 27th anniversary she "feigned" a confession of marital infidelity. It was not the first time that she has done this. At the time I thought that she was just trying to tease and arouse you, but I see that she has done it before. She also leads a lifestyle that gives her ample opportunity to meet other men, and is an extroverted, and perhaps flirtatious woman.

She also seems to be a very manipulative and unforgiving person and has used your mistake of withholding financial information from her as a means of further dominating you.

I suspect that she may have a Histrionic Personality Disorder. That is a hunch based on what I know of her from some of your past questions, but I will let you decide. Here are the psychiatric manual criteria for HPD:

(DSM IV - TR) HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention

(2) interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior

(3) displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions

(4) consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self

(5) has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail

(6) shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion

(7) is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances

(8) considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

She may be involved with someone else, but may just be getting advice which she takes too seriously (she may be very suggestible).

She is a difficult person and you may never be able to fully please her, or her please you. It is all a matter of how much you can live with. You do not have a very fulfilling relationship, it appears. You must decide if you want to continue (if you can) or to start a new chapter in your life.

I wish you great wisdom and courage in deciding and shall keep you in my prayers to that end.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I do remember helping you in April and I am here to help you now. The reason why she is still very upset is she feels that you hide your finances from her. She feel like this was something you should have told her before you both began a committed relationship. But that is hard to come right out and tell her about your past finances because you did not want her to look at you any different. Most people do not tell people about their past because they are afraid that they will lose the person. So people often feel that their past is something they will continue to handle on their own. People often feel that they should not burden their new partners with their problems that they had before they met. But she felt that you should have told her about everything before you were married. She feels like you broke her trust, so you need to tell her why you did what you did and that this can all be repaired. You want to share with her pieces of your life so that she feels like you are opening up too her. She might have felt like you did not trust her enough to share that part of your life like you were keeping it from her. She felt excluded from that past of your life. She might have wanted to know also so that she maybe could have gave her opinion. People like to feel like they are in control of their lives and I feel she felt like she didn't have control over something she knew nothing about. So I want you to explain why you did not tell her, why you decided to handle it on your own. I want you to put your feelings out their and tell her how you feel. Help her understand, right now she is just still upset that this has happened, but if you open up I feel she might see things differently. Thank you again for your question.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXX; I am still wondering about why my wife told me about her almost affair and since that time she has been kind, considerate and sexy. The past 27 years she has not been that way. especially not sexy . I thought I was married to Mother Superior that is why I was so surprised when she told me about her almost affair I would like your honest and truthful opinion why the complete change Bill

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. This can happen people can sudden and being more physically attracted to their spouse. Marriages go through so many changes. Some times it takes time for someone to feel comfortable sexually. Often times when changes happen it is because they feel good about themselves. People who lose weight, people who are happy and are just loving life. I think her almost affair has made her realize that you are the one she wanted and having an affair would be a mistake. I feel she is very happy in her marriage and she is showing you another side of her personality. I feel she feels comfortable to be and feel sexy. I think she has realized a lot and see the marriage different. People often can fall deeper in love when they have been together for a long time. People can hit tough times in a marriage only to solve their problems and fall in love all over again making the relationship even stronger. I feel like your wife feels like her marriage has been renewed. Its like you both are first dating again. This is a renew in your marriage. Its time for you both to enjoy these special moments and focus on each other. Thank you again for your question.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist