RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

It was my birthday and my son and daughter wanted me to go

It was my birthday and my son and daughter wanted me to go out with them to a club.
My boyfriend was to go with me but we got in an argument before leaving so I went alone.
After being there a couple hours I was ready to go home, so I called to ask him for a ride since I had half a beer but would never consider driving.
My boyfreind was waiting in line at the club to get in and I happend to notice him talking to the girl I front of him.
Him and I were texting while I was waiting for him, so he realized I had seen him and sends me a text telling me all he said to the girl was that he gave her a plug letting her know that he just sent his girlfriend( meaning me) a text saying he was waiting in line next to the good looking brunette.
I througt this was inappropriate considering where he was, in line at a night club.
Also, it was my birthday and turning 50 was a little difficult for me.
I got upset and he thinks I'm way out of line
But my feelings are hurt
Am I wrong ?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this very sad and frustrating situation you experienced.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You are absolutely right whenfeeling this sad, frustrated and upset by your boyfriend's behavior.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Most people in your shoes would feel insulted by it, specially after an argument in such a special day, where he was not there to celebrate with you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Some people would say it's not a big deal, but depending on your feelings, personality and circumstances it could really matter, and he knows you, how you feel about different things, he was aware of how the night was already undermined by the argument and chose to make such comments.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then it is not unreasonable for you to feel this way about it. have you been dating for only a short period of time, for him to be unaware this would be hurtful to you, even when common sense shows it is not something nice to say, specially under such circumstances?

Rafael M.T.Therapist says:
9:03 AM
9:04 AM
9:09 AM
You are absolutely right when feeling this sad, frustrated and upset by your boyfriend's behavior.
9:10 AM
9:12 AM
9:14 AM
Hello

I want to make sure you got to read my initial response. Please feel free to reply. Thank you.