Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Hello, I have started to fall in love with a co-worker, and

I have started to fall in love with a co-worker, and have seen some signs from her also. I wish to invite her outside work to talk about different things.
So my question is what is the best place to invite her for the first time - just to have some time to talk for a few hours? A friend of mine said lunch or dinner is "too heavy and like directly saying to her that I have interest in her".
So I am thinking about a walk in the nearby mountain/park, or a coffee, or ..? I would appreciate any advice.
I am not sure what she most likes, however. What I know from her is that she often goes to the seaside, and sometimes to the mountain.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

You don't want to scare her away or have her travel too far from her home or from your workplace.

In that case, choose something close by that doesn't require a lot of travelling or walking, where she could return home if she didn't feel comfortable.

Tell her that you really enjoy her company and you would like to go out for a coffee or other beverage nearby to work or her home, and ask her if she would be willing.

Let her pick the spot, be it for dinner or just a drink. Be casual and friendly and see if you can get a firm date and commitment when you first ask her, rather than making it just a general thought without a solid plan behind it.

If you do it this way she will feel that she has more control of the situation and will feel more comfortable.

If this preliminary meeting is successful then you can consider the mountains or the beach for the next rendez-vous.

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.