Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Providing the Utmost Care and Support
64783947

I have been online dating for a while about 6 months. I do

I have been online dating for a while about 6 months. I do want a long, lasting relationship one day . My problem is I guess my hormones are starting to talk to me. Would It be wrong for me to be intimate with more than one man while I am dating. I have not had sex since January of this year. I was even considering allowing my ex-bf to become intimate with me. not sure if he wants more or not. For now I just need sex, but I am sure if I go there with more than one guy my views may change. Any thoughts? this I guess will allow me to keep my options open also without becoming more attached to one than the other.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 1 year ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

CoachJenK :

You sound like a responsible adult who is having normal human desires....so what's wrong with that? Not much that I can see.

CoachJenK :

as yo

CoachJenK :

as long as you practice safe sex and can handle the experiences without emotional difficulties then why not?

Customer:

ok..do I keep this information from them?

Customer:

we all met online so they may be dating others as well

CoachJenK :

great question....I am always an advocate for open communication so I would always opt for that. If you are not exclusive with them then being open about dating others and intimacy with others is the way to go.

CoachJenK :

if either of you want more then you can discuss that if and when it feels right.

CoachJenK :

but yes in the dating world without being exclusive it is possible that all are dating others and possibly being intimate with others as well.

CoachJenK :

but again I always vote for openness and safe sex

Customer:

I know my ex at one time said he wants more..but not sure if his views have change some..I told him to use condom if we did have sex and he told you know you can trust me.

Customer:

like I said, I have not be intimate yet

CoachJenK :

be open with him about what you want but I would practice safe sex......never without a condom being used. Its not about trust so much as it is about your health

Customer:

I also told him I have not been on birth control in a while..I will tell him again

CoachJenK :

its more than the birth control...its also about protecting yourself from disease.

CoachJenK :

both are crucial

Customer:

true

CoachJenK :

so the botXXXXX XXXXXne is this...be free and have fun with intimacy if yuo desire, be open about it but practice safe sex keeping yuor health in mind always

CoachJenK :

sorry for the typos above

Customer:

my 2 year old will be away for 2 weeks soon by her grandparents..so can I be intimate with more than one guy while eventually looking for a long term relationship is that possible?

CoachJenK :

possible in what sense...your desire? If that is what you desire while being safe then what is keeping you from that?

Customer:

yes..my desire..I guess I am just wondering do I have stop the intimacy after one or two times so it want interfere with looking for a true love

Customer:

I want to get married that's my desire

CoachJenK :

I dont think so....when you are ready to find true love it will be there and then your desire for intimacy with others wont be strong as you will only want it with that one person. But since you havent found it yet then I dont think your desires need to be put on the back burner

CoachJenK :

And when you meet the right one you will know but if you havent found them yet then be free and enjoy your life

Customer:

ok..I was told by my best friend she only has sex once or twice than drops them because she is not looking. I guess I just don't want to miss out an finding the right one..if he is not the one I am intimate with how will I know?

Customer:

sometimes lust blinds your vision

CoachJenK :

because you will only want to be with him...lust and love feel differently....it becomes about wanting to spend time with that person in all ways and not just for a fun romp.

Customer:

ok..sorry all of that. I have never done this before. I have dated more than one but sex with possibly more than one

Customer:

not sex with

CoachJenK :

no sorries.

CoachJenK :

I am glad you reached out.

Customer:

I always kind of pull back when a guy wants to kiss me cause I don't want to be influenced until I know but this might help me out and on deciding as well.

CoachJenK :

yes intimacy is a part of any relationship. even if it is just a dating one

Customer:

ok..thanks..

Customer:

will keep in touch if I need more advice

CoachJenK :

please do. you can request me again. I am here to support you. I appreciate you taking a moment to offer a rating of my support. I wish you the best and have fun and be safe

Customer:

also, would it be best if they come my place or should it be done else where. not some of them know where I stay because I have a 2 year old and want to still make sure I know them better.

CoachJenK :

its all about safety and I am not suggesting random sex, but rather if you are dating someone and enjoy them and want to become intimate then do so. Protecting yuor child as well is key.

Customer:

she will be gone but still don't want anyone following me around once she comes back home

Customer:

ok.

Coach Jen K., LCSW, CPC
Experience: Providing the Utmost Care and Support