Karin Samms
Karin Samms, Counselor
Experience:  with over 15 years experience offering support with relationship, mental health & addiction issues

My finance and I were engaged for 2 years and now she sai she

Customer Question

My finance and I were engaged for 2 years and now she sai she wants a break from me. She wont talk to me about our relationship. She get mad when I talk about us. She said she doesnt love ne but likes me. And right now she doesnt care about me. What is going on?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karin Samms replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, welcome to Just Answer. I will try and help you with your question.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this right now. It seems that she's having second thoughts or perhaps there might be some family pressure there? Are you aware of any problems or issues with her family that might make her decide upon this course of action? Do you think she might be having some nerves at the idea of committing to the relationship?

She may well be pushing you away and this seems very unfair on you, perhaps you could give her a little space and send her an email expressing how much you love her and are willing to give her some space BUT perhaps if she could, to give you some idea why the sudden change of heart over you?

Something has clearly changed and if feels as though she's pushing you away right now. To continue to pursue her while she is in this frame of mind may only push her further away from you, try to perhaps give her that space (and you can suggest to her what you feel would be an appropriate amount of time apart from one another), and put this in the email to her. Emails work well when there is so much emotion involved so might be a better option as she can read it over and over to understand your perspective without it becoming heated.

I do hope this is helping, please do come back to me for further assistance and support if you need it, I'd rather support you as much as possible and receive a positive rating and I'd be more than happy to continue supporting you until you feel satisfied.
-----------
If I have answered your question, kindly rate my service positively before you leave the site so I may be credited for my time. If you choose to rate me anything less than positive, please do come back to me and I will clarify further or support your query further. Your question will not close and I will continue to support your question. Bonuses are always appreciated.

Kindest Regards, Karin
Karin Samms, Counselor
Experience: with over 15 years experience offering support with relationship, mental health & addiction issues
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been texting her about how I feel about her. She said she is sick of all the texts. We had such a good relationship. I dont know what happened. I love her with all my heart. She is 45living and Im 55. She said she want to have fun like a 20 yr old. I know she needs to go up
Hi there K,

I'm sorry to hear this. From what you write here she seems to have made up her mind, I know it may not be what you want to hear, but I would not want to give you false hope but rather to offer you some real, genuine and practical options. So here is what I think, you could leave her be, for say, a couple of weeks. Email her then with one final response expressing that you love her and care for her deeply however you will not continue waiting around, if she wishes to relive her youth again, then this, you will respect and leave her be.

K, I don't know how you might feel about this, but it wouldn't be fair on you to wait around not knowing whether she will return to you or not. She seems to be somewhat unkind in her words to you, so perhaps this is her way of conveying to you, to leave her be as she clearly feels she needs to experience 'fun' the way a 20 year old might. You may not want to move on without her, and I completely empathize with you, however it requires two people to make a success of any relationship and also respect for each other too. She is telling you she wants something different right now in her life, it will be hard for you to persuade her otherwise.

-------

Kindest Regards, Karin
Hi there K,

Thank you for rating my service positively, it is very much appreciated.

Please do let me know if I can be of further help in the future, if you have new questions and would like to return to me, please open a new page and ask your question, please ensure you add "For Karin" at the start of your question and I will do my very best to help and support you!

Take care, my best wishes to you.

Karin
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Iam deeply in love with her otherwise I would of left her already. Maybe I nuts for staying but I dont want to get hurt again. I love her with all my heart. I just hope that she get the love back for me like she use to. It was great. She would always text me can't wait to see you love you . Thankyou for your support.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 11 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!