Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

Which one tends to more often turn off people more? A. A

Which one tends to more often turn off people more?

A. A man in his late 30s or early 40s that is "overweight" but independent.

B. A man in his late 30s or early 40s that is thin, lean, slim, and trim, but "lives with his parents".

Thank you.
Everyone may have a different answer to this question because it depends what they are looking for. I think that someone who was more superficial and looking for appearance would be more interested in the fit person living with his parents. However, if she was superficial she still would not like the fact that the man still lived with his parents. However, there are many people who do not mind if someone is overweight and would surely like the fact that he is independent. His Independence will make him even more attractive while the lean guys dependency will make him less attractive. There is nothing wrong with someone being overweight. Weight can change for anyone at anytime. However, someone still living with their parents at a certain age shows many things, such as irresponsibility unless of course there were good reasons for this situation. However, overall I think most people would be turned off by the one still living with this parents and these people would also be most mature.

I wish you well and please let me know if I can be of further help.