Kate McCoy
Kate McCoy, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

Hi, My gf of 3 years just moved out yesterday (we lived together

Customer Question

Hi, My gf of 3 years just moved out yesterday (we lived together for 2.5 of those years). Obviously the balls in her court and she has complete control. I have not and will not try to contact her anytime soon. I am just looking for the best advice on how to go about getting her back. Im giving her space right now but obviously I don't want this to end. We both have our part in our relationships problems but if you can give some do's and more importantly things to not do as well as your advice and opinion of how long i should wait before contacting her and what to say. Any reading material you may recommend for me to keep busy and my mind healthy through the process. Thank you!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Kate McCoy replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  Kate McCoy replied 1 year ago.
I hope my answer was helpful to you. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Kate

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. I got busy with an order at work. My gf has some emotional problems from her being abused repeatedly from a very close family member. It causes a lot of issues as you can imagine on many levels not just sexual. She never went to counseling for it and unfortunately can explode constantly even if shes having a good time or especially if we're out drinking. Im convinced time apart at the minimum is needed for her. I can do that. I don't think sending her I love you messages off the bat is the best approach. she always threatened to break up and move out and it became a weekly thing and she did yesterday. I just want an opportunity to win her back, convey my love at some point and just do things even if its avoiding her completely to get her interest back. Was going to exercise, drop a few pounds and look like I have been active and busy whiles shes still away so that if she allows me to see her I have a chance.

Expert:  Kate McCoy replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!