Kate McCoy
Kate McCoy, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

Hello sir/ madam i am really confused right now. My fiancee

Customer Question

Hello sir/ madam

i am really confused right now. My fiancee is very angry with me and has refused taking my calls or replying my text since Friday. He got me a birthday gift but i complained he didn't get me cake and he didn't take me out and he got really pissed that he bought me a real diamond necklace but i still did not appreciate it. He says am unappreciative of all he does for me. That i never appreciate anything and i complain too much. i never knew i was doing all this. I really feel bad. He hardly gets this angry.Kindly help me please, i really don't know what to do. he sent me a text on Friday saying he cannot afford to marry a woman who is never satisfied with whatever he does for her and doesn't want to live an unhappy life.
Kindly help me
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Kate McCoy replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your problem.

It sounds like your fiance is hurt by what he feels are ungrateful comments you made. It seems clear he does love you and that might be why he is reacting so strongly to what he feels you have done. The more love, the more pain when you are hurt.

It would be helpful to continue to contact him. Make sure you tell him that you now realize what you have done. Thank him for pointing it out to you and say that you did not realize it. Most of all, make sure you tell him that you are sorry and that you intend on changing your behavior. If you would like to, send him a very nice thank you card for all he did for your birthday.

You can also contact any relatives and friends you feel might talk to him on your behalf. Tell them to let him know how sorry you feel and that you want to make it up to him. This may help him open up some and let go of his anger because these are people he knows and trusts.

Also, it is also early yet so do give him some time to work through his anger. Along with contacting him about how sorry you feel, tell him that you understand his need for time and that you respect he needs to work through his anger. Let him know you will be ready to talk whenever he feels it is the right time for him.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Kate McCoy, Counselor
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
I hope my answer was helpful to you. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Kate

Please do not forget to rate my service with an OK or higher. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks alot for the advice, i have done exactly as you said. I just hope he talks to me soonest.

I also want to ask: My man has been talking about us getting married this December and him coming to see my parents. But am a little angry as he has not proposed.

Secondly,i find it difficult talking to him, as he flares up when i try to talk, in other to shut or scare me from talking. Am sad cause i love and really want him to listen to me and be considerate sometimes.

Thirdly, His family is causing so much trouble. His nephews and nieces comes around the house, misbehave and he never talks to them but rather tells me to do the talking. Whenever i do the talking, its causes big problem for me as hi family thinks am being too pushy. But i really do not know what else to do because i must say, some of his family members are driving me nuts. I have been thinking lately if i can cope with their trouble when i finally marry my man.

Many thanks
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks alot, i feel relieved talking to you. Thanks for all the advise, am pretty sure they will bring me a positive result. i deeply appreciate

Many thanks

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!