Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

My gf and I broke up about 6 months ago. The reason that we

Customer Question

My gf and I broke up about 6 months ago. The reason that we broke up is because she doesnt trust me anymore and that i cheated on her once in the past and i sent a semi nude photo to another woman. Is there anyway to save this relationship even though she just wants to be friends or is this really the end?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 3 years ago.

jenhelant : Hi, Yes I do think there is a chance to save your relationship with her. The good part right now is that she remained friends with you even though you both broke up. Right now she needs space and time to heal. When you cheated and sent the picture it broke the trust and hurt her deeply. What she needs right now is to see that you have changed and the trust needs to be rebuilt. This is possible, but will take time and not be overnight. The best thing you can do is to show her that you are patient and understanding. By realizing that she needs this time and proof of change will help you to understand how she feels and be understanding to that. As a result this will show through your actions and she will in turn feel this. I would take this time to rebuilt the trust and friendship without demanding anything in return such as trust or etc. Allow everything to rebuild naturally and in time your relationship and trust can be rekindled and even be stronger than before. I do wish you well and hope everything works out for the best. Please let me know if I can be of further help.