Dr. Norman Brown
Dr. Norman Brown, Marriage Therapist
Experience:  Family Therapist & teacher 35+ yrs; PhD research in couples
55153673

My bf and I split up, well are taking a "break" since 3 weeks

Customer Question

My bf and I split up, well are taking a "break" since 3 weeks ago. I feel that I have lost myself, an that he just simply doesn't care. He doesn't mind saying and blaming what problems I have but wont admit to his own. I has gotten physical 3 times because of his anger, what do I do, I still love him but he wants to have this :" secret relationship..
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Norman Brown replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Norman Brown :

What do you mean by secret relationship? That he wants your relationship to be a secret from other people? Or that he's carrying on another relationship that's kept secret from you?

Dr. Norman Brown :

If he's been physically abusive 3 times, moved out and still wants to use your body for "benefits," then he's using your natural love for him to enslave you. The only power you have is to refuse to see him. And you need to get counseling to help you control your helpless love for him. Your emotions are making you helpless against his selfish intentions and abandonment.