Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

How will I get over these dreadful fellings of hurt My boyfriend

Customer Question

How will I get over these dreadful fellings of hurt My boyfriend just decided e does not want to get married after we have had good but decides he will live with his x. girlHe told me lies and decides to go back with his girlfriend he met before me. Just out of the blue right after we had sex I am awidow of 13 years,It hhas hit me hard.How will I ever get over him
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

I am so sorry that you were thrown over by this man. You are experiencing grief, as if someone had died. This has been a big loss for you and you have temporarily lost your equilibrium, as anyone else suffering grief.

You now know what type of man he really is. He has no empathy or feeling and used you one last time before dumping you.

If you think about how he really is, you may come to the conclusion that you are fortunate to have learned what he is really like before you got even deeper into this relationship.

Continue talking to your friends, distracting yourself, and doing positive things for yourself. Every day you will feel less and less pain from this loss and soon you will find that he is in the past.

Let me recommend a wonderful book for you that will make this easier to handle:

Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You by Susan J. Elliott JD MEd

I know that it seems as if the pain will ever go away, but it will and you will survive and thrive.

Get the book. It will help you a great deal.

I shall keep you in my prayers for healing and comfort.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, CCMHC, NCC