Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Hello, I would need your opinion in this matter. I´ve been

Hello, I would need your opinion in this matter. I´ve been corresponding with a man on the internet since dec last year and we have made plans to meet. He lives in a foreign country and he said that he would come and visit my country in aug. And also he asked me if I wanted to make a trip with him in the future. So we have made some plans and we have really got a close connection. For the last month though he has distanced himself more and more and suddenly stopped replying to my mails and when I asked why and if he didnt want anymore contact he responded that he was going through something hard and that he had been in the hospital for the past weeks. He said he couldn´t respond because there was something wrong with his eyes. He has told me before that he has Kallmans Syndrome. He also said that he was very hurt that I wrote that I didn´t know if I could trust him but he didn´t mentioned anything about our previous plans. He said he felt better still I haven´t heard from him since. He has also deactivated or closed his account on FB. I wrote two mails but I haven´t got any reply and I could see that he had been on his mail. So I don´t really know what to believe or to do. What if this is a scam? How do I know.? Maybe he´s in contact with many ladies and telling them the same thing. I´m´really taking this seriously and would like to move on if he´s not serious. Haven´t heard from him in three weeks now. What should I do?

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

This man may have Kallman's Syndrome which would affect his sense of smell (rather than eyes).

Kallman syndrome is a rare genetic disorder affecting the hjypothalmus. The effect is for the person to fail to go through puberty and not have normal sexual development, and can also prevent them from having a sense of smell.

If he does have this then he did not go through puberty.

I think that he is a player or con-artist, however, and is lining up women to see (take advantage of?) when he comes to your country.

If he was really interested in you he would have contacted you. He is feigning to be indignant or hurt. After all he DID NOT contact you and should expect you to question his sincerity.

I would not trust him. If he is telling the truth then you may not desire such a man. I think he is a fake and I would leave things as they are and move on with your life.

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.