Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience:  Professional therapist

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Ok so I met a Chris about two months

Customer Question

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Ok so I met a Chris about two months ago... We are both 40 ..Due to work schedules, We have been on four dates.....and a week ago he had shoulder surgery....he asked me to take him to surgery... His parents couldn' I he invited me over his house for lunch...met his parents.....

Question...I really like him, but I don't know where I it too early to assume...I don't know how to be cool and secure....

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sue, thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have over 10 years of experience helping people with relationship issues.

I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to make assumptions, but even though you have only known each other for two months there do seem to be some promising things occurring in this relationship. I do think the fact that he asked you to take him to his surgery says a lot, because it is a very personal matter and involves you seeing him in a vulnerable position. That definitely takes some trust in order to ask you to do that in the first place. While lunch with his parents may have been casual, in most cases it would be out of the ordinary for a man to invite you over for lunch to meet his parents if he wasn't feeling a good connection with you and considering taking this relationship more seriously. It may be hard to be cool and secure if you are excited about him, however it sounds like whatever you have been doing so far has him responding very well to you. Perhaps you want to play it safe until you have a little more assurance of how he feels, but it does seem fair to assume that he has some feelings for you and that things are moving in a positive direction. If you were to go on another date or two with him and still don't have any indication of where you stand, it would seem very reasonable and fair to talk to him about where he sees this relationship headed. I definitely wish you the best with all of this and if there's anything else I can do to help please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ryan,

That was very sweet and positive.....thank you!
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 3 years ago.
No problem! I'm glad I could help :) If you wouldn't mind leaving me a positive review it would be much appreciated. Thanks!