Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

DearDebra sorry I didnt rate immediately but had no internet

DearDebra sorry I didn't rate immediately but had no internet connection.THis afternoon I texted him again and he replied.Tomorrow evening he should be back. Do you think we will have the opportunity to meet and spend quality time together and to talk.I'll be leaving on 16th and really wish he will give me this opportunity. I had posted yesterday on facebook.." I have learned...That under everyone's hard shell, there is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved." He liked what I posted. What do you think?Will things change and we'll talk and he will understand that love is a risk and if he wants this love to grow he must not close up but focus on me as well
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I do feel this is the best opportunity for you both to talk and discuss how you both feel. That was a good quote that you posted. It is very true people in life all just want to be accepted and loved for who they are in life. I feel that this time away was his time to think and see how he feels. It is important that you both sit down and talk about your feelings for one another. Tell him you want his honesty because you are going to be fully honest about how you feel. I feel after coming home he will be relax and you both will be able to talk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For Deardebra....

Let's hope he really wants and desires to this. I sent him a text at 4pm saying." I imagine Simona (his daughter) was sorry to leave Toulose after 5 months...Wishing you a safe and good flight" He never replied.Today I spent the day at the beach with a good friend of his and her sister and sons who have a summer residence. I went there cause I was even curious to know his other friends. This for me was a great opportunity.It was a relaxing day. I know that she is a very good friend of his, cause he was the friend of her late husband. I met even other friends he always mentioned..a young woman who seperated 8 years ago with 2 teenage girls.Anyway while I was there the widower said that she received an sms. Believe me it hurt cause he wrote to her but not to me.He didn't even reply to my text...I never mentioned I was there but definately she informed him about it andI know I gave a good impression but hoped he would text. What do you think? I was going to text him to ask if he arrived but I don't feel up to it cause he could have replied to my text.

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
That was good what you texted it shows you are thinking of him. I know she said she got a text from him, but she might have just said that to see how you would react. If you did not see the sms then it might not be true. If he did text it might have had something to do with a question she asked or he needed to ask her something. They are just friends and you and him have more. You are in a relationship together. I would text to see he arrived safer home. It is ok if he does not reply at least he knows you thought of him.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

For Deardebra....

We have not met up yet since he came back last Sunday night. He did call but I felt he was distant. Yesterday I wanted to share with him what my son in Afghanistan wrote to me...it was so harrd to reply my son. I cried so much....he said that he still remember that when he was a child I had told him that I remained with his dad just for him. I was so bad abt this. then he was asking me many questions about my relationship with my ex husband cause he doesn't want to do the same mistakes as us with his girlfriend who he's madly in love with It was very hardto answer but I did in a delicate way. I needed to share this with the man I love to show him that I'm not perfect. He replied and was very nice about it. Do you think he appreciated this? This morning he had an ecocardio done and all seems well but he says he feels breathless etc. I told him I was happy with the good news that all went well and he said he that he had no doubts I was happy with the positive result. Now he has to have his lungs checked. Please do ttell me how I should go about it. I mean if I don't manage to see him before I leave I think it will be terrible.Please help

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
You want you to do is set up a time and a place to meet before you go away. You might want to set up a dinner date. It would give you both a chance to talk before you leave. Your son will be going through many emotions while is is in Afghanistan. He will be remember when he felt the most comfortable in life and that often is what gets people through those tough days. A lot of people do revert back to childhood because that is a time when they felt safe. It is very important to share things with the love of your life because I feel he needs to see that you are sharing your life with him. That was good news about the ecocardio coming back good. But I feel he is still worried and is going further to get his lungs check. I am sure this is something that is bothering him. But you are right there beside him supporting him through this tough time. I would try to set up a date for you and him and just explain that you would love to see him before you leave because it is very important too you.
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist