Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

DearDebra, What should I do? Hes in France and he

DearDebra,

What should I do? He's in France and he never answers calls when abroad. I texted him this morning cause I had introduced him to a friend of mine who wanted his cell number for work. So I texted him informing him about this.He replied that he would contact him when he'd be back. What should I do? Just wait for him to text me.Will he? Should I text that all this is agony and if he feels good about it. Please help and tell me if we'll make it up and manage to get it out of him

Deardebra : Thank you for your question.
Deardebra : When people go away it gives them time to think.
Deardebra : People are out of there natural element so they tend to feel different.
Deardebra : this would be a good time to show him you want to be a part if his life and he should show you how much he wants to be apart of yours.
Deardebra : i would start by texting small kind messages.
Deardebra : Like this France must be so beautiful. I am so happy that you get to see such an amazing place.
Deardebra : I just wanted to say for you to have a wonderful day and I can wait for you to tell me about it.
Customer:

But will he answer? Am so scared he won't

Deardebra : The reason for simple positive messages is to just share each others day.
Deardebra : this way you both begin to develop a connection.
Customer:

ok but am scared

Customer:

will he answer or I won't try... can't feel bad again

Deardebra : I don't want you to be scared when you love someone you have to take risks.
Deardebra : You want him to be thinking of you while he is there.
Deardebra : then he will begin thinking that you are alway there for him and that your so supportive.
Deardebra : People connect by communication.
Customer:

I 'll risk but he doesn't try....

Customer:

if he doesn't reply it will be terrible....

Customer:

I don't know if he's missing me at all

Deardebra : Even if he doesn't respond that's ok. It is important he just gets the message.
Deardebra : He will miss you because you are apart of his life.
Deardebra : You want him to know your thinking of him and wishing him well on his trip.
Customer:

i texted him but now no reply

Deardebra : Just give him time. He might be busy or settling in.
Deardebra : he also might be thinking what to say.
Customer:

He answered me yesterday night to text you suggested and even sent me a kiss.....Thnk you!!!