TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues

I recently met a woman and we really hit it off. We were both

Customer Question

I recently met a woman and we really hit it off. We were both planning on going on a small vacation this month and we decided we would try and go on a small trip together. We were going to spend saturday evening and sunday together and had some pretty good plans. Today she called and asked me if I was available tuesday and I said yes. She then sprung on me that she wanted me to meet her best friends and that I had already agreed to it and couldn't back out. She also jokingly said she wanted her friends to meet me before we go on a trip together so someone would know my face in case something happened. This whole situation makes me uncomfortable now to the point where I don't know if I want to travel with this woman nor continue to date her. Am I reading to much into this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 3 years ago.
What are you uncomfortable about?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm uncomfortable about the lack of trust and the fact that it was not direct. If she wanted me to meet her friends that's fine but be upfront about it. Instead it was having me agree to something then springing the event on me. I know I'm going to get interrogated by her friends for whatever reason and I don't know if I want to do that.

Expert:  Dr.G. replied 3 years ago.
I think it is normal for in a relationship to meet the friends. And yes they will ask questions to get to know you. I'm not sure I would call it interrogation. The first meeting has to happen sooner or later so why not get it over with. What do you think?