Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist
Experience:  Experienced in counseling all age persons on relationship issues.

my husband of 13yrs is living with his mistress of 6yrs, is

Customer Question

my husband of 13yrs is living with his mistress of 6yrs, is there a chance of me getting him back and how do I go about it? and yes I still love him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for consulting JA,

I am so sorry you are going through this distressing situation. I can't help but wonder what life would be like if he DID come back. Would you ever trust him again? Would you always wonder: Does he still love other woman? In spite of your love for him, would living with these questions really be worth it?

Having said that, the chances that he will come back are rare because of the long term relationship with the "other woman". Now he has actually made the move out ..a final step to leaving you. He probably did not move out sooner because he did not want to hurt you. There is nothing you can do to get him back.

So, now, you need to adjust to this situation and move on. I know....easier said than done. That is why, I recommend that you meet with a therapist who will help you develop positive affirmations for yourself ("I am a good and loveable person"; "I can get through this and move on to a happy life without him";).

You can find somebody to talk to here:

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you so negative.

I wish there were a more positive way to look at this. But I read what you said to Deardebra in April.....he told you the relationship was over...he lied. It is hard to be positive about him. He is not a very trustworthy person and he does not give anything positive to hang on to....and even if he came back he is a person who is unfaithful and lies. You deserve better! Right?