Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

I have meet 2 guys online and I am trying to weigh my options

I have meet 2 guys online and I am trying to weigh my options here. One uy named is Alfred and he seems like a charmer and he is sweet. but he dates a lot of woman we have meet 2 times in a 3 month time span. The other guy Louis seems like a true gentleman and told me about 3 months ago, he was married, so I stop contact and 7 weeks ago I started back talking to him he says he is divorce now. Honestly, if Louis would have been divorced when I met him I probably would have never continued to date and meet other men. So now I told him I need proof of his divorce. I still am keeping my options and have joined a matchmaker service. How do I managed dating these guy s and find the right one. Also, I have a 2 year which is why I barely have been on any dates, but if I meet someone serious enough I am sure I will make extra time for him. Please help . I am talking to other guys too, but have don't always have time to talk or see them all. So I am trying to narrow down my search. Trying to find the right guy to a have term relationship possibly marriage.

Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.

Deardebra : Thank you for your question. It sounds like you are interested in Louis because you would have still been dating him if he was not married at the time.
Deardebra : so now he is divorced and I'm sure when he was talking with you before his marriage was on the rocks.
Customer:

yes..I would have

Deardebra : so now he's divorce and you both have a second chance.
Customer:

he was separted for 8 years as he put it before I came along

Customer:

I am physically attracted to him, but I like him

Customer:

am not I mean

Deardebra : The other guy dates a lot of women he is not ready for a commitment. I feel you should focus on Louis.
Deardebra : You are attracted too him which is excellent and I feel in time more feelings will develop.
Customer:

I need to make sure he is divorce first..I even sign up for a matchmaking service will have the interview today to see if I qualify for it

Customer:

how do I handle this

Deardebra : I would keep your options open since you joined a matchmaker service. Also I would get proof of divorce, you don't want to waste your time if he is still married.
Deardebra : the matchmaker service will be good for you.
Customer:

ok. if he is divorce should I start dating Louis more..until I know for sure what I want

Customer:

I think it will be good because I will have someone who will help find s good match

Deardebra : Yes, I feel you like him and you should see where it leads.
Customer:

so should I do both until a true commitment os made

Deardebra : I agree because you can find exactly what your looking for with a matchmaker.
Deardebra : Yes
Deardebra : You want to keep your options open.
Customer:

ok..I will spend time with Louis soon my daughter will be visting her grandparents out of town for a couple of weeks.

Deardebra : That will give you the time to spend with him to get to know each other.
Customer:

I also just want to make sure I don't waste any money on matchmaking services never done this before.

Customer:

littlew nervous about that but fine men online are not always truthful too

Customer:

I rather the old fashion way of meetin someone

Customer:

face to face

Deardebra : If you feel Louis and you have a future I would focus on him. You don't have to do matchmaker. But they would find someone that is comparable for you.
Customer:

ok..I will give both a chance

Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience: I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.