Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

Im in a relationship with a married woman IM head over heels

Customer Question

Im in a relationship with a married woman IM head over heels in love with her-She wants out of her marriage but is scared. Last night she admitted things to me that were shocking about her past. what should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 3 years ago.

Deardebra : Thank you for your question.
Deardebra : It sounds like she is ready to move on because she is in love with you. But she is afraid to leave.
Deardebra : the reason why she is afraid to leave is because that is a huge step and a life changing process.
Deardebra : She right now is overwhelmed with emotions.
Deardebra : You want to be there for her while she makes this decision. You mentioned that she talked about her past. That was here opening up too you.
Deardebra : That was a good sign because she feels comfortable with you. I feel that is a major step in the relationship. Leaving her husband is might take time. She needs to be sure. Even though she is in love with you she still will be emotional because she will be going through a break up and a possible divorce. That is a lot to go through and it does cause a lot if emotions.
Deardebra : You want stand by her while she makes these decisions. You love her and I feel that with your support and love she will make the best choice for her life.
Deardebra : You want her to continue to open up because I feel you are both creating a strong bond and connecting.
Deardebra : I feel she feels safe with you and never has had these strong feelings for anyone before.
Deardebra : That is why she is so comfortable telling you about her past.
Deardebra : you just want to be patient and supportive while she makes this decision. Thank you again for your question.