Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

my first love told me that he loves and never stopped loving

Customer Question

my first love told me that he loves and never stopped loving me .Should i pursue this relationship.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

I understand that you two are in love with each other and share a long bond that has not been broken.

However, you both have other commitments. If you not both willing to give up those commitmemts and in doing so hurt other innocent people - spouses and children and grandchildren - then you should not go down that road.

You will both pay a price, and that price might act to destroy your relationship with each other.

Once you weaken and open that door you will invite unexpected circumstances.

Sometimes it takes a lot of courage and strength to do the right thing.

To help you decide, take a piece of paper and divide it into two colulmns: Left/Pros and Right/Cons. List all of the pros and cons in the two columns. All you may gain and all you may lose, and let this help you rid.

I hope this gives you some guidance in deciding the course of action that is best for you.

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,m
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Elliott I forgot to mention that we were married both of us are divorved for some time. We see others but our paths keep crossing.. with this info. What shall I do
Ahh. Important information.

Get together and see how it works. The road is clear.

I wish you great success and God's blessings.