psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

I have been in a long distance relationship for 2 1/2 years.

I have been in a long distance relationship for 2 1/2 years. He has met my family. Came to my city to visit a a couple of times. Last year I meet him at our annual church conference, he acted vert strange when he saw someone he knew from his city whom he told me that he acted strange because he didn't want her to know his business. But the scene was; my daughter and I were seating in the hallway of the huge conventon place waiting on my gwaiting for him. When he finally saw my daughter and I seated, he stood about 20 feet away, beaconing us to come to come so that we can leave out the convention. He never came close to us at all but stood about 12 feet away moitioning for us to come. So when my daughter and I finally got up after watching him at like an itiot in his attempt to beacon us to come without coming directly to us. When I ask about his embarrasing display, he told me that there was lady that stood about 7 or 8 feet from where my daughter and I was sitting; he said that the lady was one of the biggest gossipers in the church area in his city. Should I believe him? Also, he had not invited to his city to stay at his house, he had made a comment some time ago the he don't let ladies know where I lives. What is really going on? I having been asking questions to get answers and he has given me the same answer? Should I believe him?

Your best judge of his honesty is his behavior over the course of this relationship. It does sound suspicious that he distances himself from you. If you can't 'be together in public then there is a chance that he is a dishonest person. People in a relationship should never feel that they have to be distant from the other person but be happy that people see them. It sounds like he is hiding something and that he doesn't want a full commitment. If you can't get a satisfactory answer then consider that he is too secretive to be in a relationship. Listen to your gut and then act on that information