Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

If you have a friend should you be able to deal with anything

If you have a friend should you be able to deal with anything with them, if there seem
to be restrictions with some things is it not a real friendship?

jenhelant : Hi, it is important to be open and honest in a friendship in order to not hold grudges or resentment since this can lead to future unnecessary outburst. However, there may be some personal things that one may not want to discuss and that is fine. This does not mean that the friendship is not real. It just means that those things are personal and they may not want to discuss those things with anyone. Then on the other hand there are issues that a friend may want to discuss with one and not another depending on the closeness of the friendship. Every friendship is different and personal. There aren't any set rules and is mainly based on respect for one another and the feelings of the two individuals involved. Even though it is important to discuss issues that affect the friendship not everyone may be comfortable doing that, but it does not meant that the friendship is not real.

Have you heard of a friendship where there isn't enough time in one person's life so they spend more time with one person and

they don't remain friends with the other? Would that be the case or would that not be a true friendship with one of the "friends"? Also,

can you explain your typo, not meant, instead of not mean, in your answer, do you always not worry about those in your answers, I

was interested in what that means to you because I don't always see typos in things like this answer forum, only sometimes.