Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience:  Professional therapist

I have reconnected with a guy I knew in high school and we

I have reconnected with a guy I knew in high school and we started dating. Everything was awesome, fun and so easy! We were dating for a month or so when his ex contacted him about getting back together. He is confused and I told him I would give him space. Since our first date I have just thought.... This is it. He is the one. I know what a great guy he is and he is very thoughtful and honest about how much he always liked me. Should I just move on or do I have a chance of him choosing me? They have been broken up for 10 months and she is 10 hrs younger than us
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have over 10 years of experience helping people with relationship issues.

I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through and it sounds like you handled everything about as well as you possibly could have. Whether or not you have a chance of him choosing you is hard to say, and a lot depends on his history with his ex and the reason they broke up. However, if the time you had together with this guy was always good and you were respectful of him needing space, that is going to leave a very positive impression on him while he is sorting this out, especially since it doesn't sound like there was anything bad about the time you had together.

If he has had unresolved issues with his ex all of this time, it may be important for him to go through this period of confusion so that if he decides that he wants to continue the relationship with you, he can do that with a clear conscience. Being confused doesn't necessarily mean that he will choose her over you, but he may need some time to figure out how he feels and get some closure from that relationship. Unfortunately this leaves you in a tough position, and unless he is giving you some indication that he is getting ready to move forward with you, you may have to treat the situation as if you are moving on, and then if he decides that he wants to be with you then you can reevaluate how you feel at that point. I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there's anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Hi again, I saw that you got my answer but I never heard anything back from you. If there's anything else I can do to help please let me know, otherwise if you wouldn't mind leaving me a positive review I'd really appreciate it. Thanks and all the best,