Karin Samms
Karin Samms, Counselor
Experience:  with over 15 years experience offering support with relationship, mental health & addiction issues
71830932

Met this girl on a dating site back in mid April. We txted

Customer Question

Met this girl on a dating site back in mid April. We txted back and forth for about a month before we met mid March. We have been having a lot of awesome dates since then. on the 4th date i talked with her saying that i like her and would like to take things slow but that i am interested in starting a relationship, she replied back the same. we have about a total of 8 date now and have had sex twice. I believe she really likes me and I really like her. I am getting ready to go on my 2 week Annual training for the national guard but I am really wanting to ask her to be my girlfriend before I do. is it to soon to ask her? the last thing i want is to wait to long and loose my chance and have her think im never gonna ask.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karin Samms replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, welcome to Just Answer. I will try and help you with your question.

It doesn't seem too soon at all. She and you have been connecting really well. You have talked already about considering a relationship, I believe that life is too short, of course you don't want to come across as moving too quickly so you could express that to her and tell her just this - that you're really keen on her and how would she feel if you were to ask her to be your girlfriend, you could then say that you don't what it to appear that you're moving too quickly but that you really like her and hope that she feels the same towards you.

Give it a go, what have you got to lose? If you don't ask her, then you'll be wondering all the time you're on leave and then the opportunity might be gone.

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do!

I do hope this is helping, please do come back to me for further assistance and support if you need it, I'd rather support you as much as possible and receive a positive rating and I'd be more than happy to continue supporting you until you feel satisfied.
----------
If I have answered your question, kindly rate my service positively before you leave the site so I may be credited for my time. If you choose to rate me anything less than positive, please do come back to me and I will clarify further or support your query further. Your question will not close and I will continue to support your question. Bonuses are always appreciated.

Kindest Regards, Karin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that really helps. That only problem is I leave for a 2 week army training in 2 days and I am not sure if ill be able to see her by then... Do you have any suggestions?

Also how would I play it off if she says no?
Hi there M,

No problem, I'm here to help you.

If you can't meet up in time, could you ask her over the phone/Skype?
You need to explain to her that the only reason you are asking via this way, is because you're not able to meet in person. If she says no, you can ask her if she'd just like to continue with some further dates when you are back and have some fun and perhaps continue getting to know one another still and leave it at that.
Deal with it upon your return and try not to leave things on a negative, this will show a level of maturity on your part and convey to her that you're able to deal with this in a really calm way (some people have 'strops' or stop communicating or become distant with the other person and that ruins things).

Best of luck! :-)
------

Kindest Regards, Karin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O ok cool. Thank you! Earlier today I said we should get dinner tomorrow night when I get out of work. And she said she thinks she's gonna be looking at apartments with her dad but if not she would love to. Would it be to forward if I say there's something I wanted to talk to you about?

Sorry I over think way to much I know, but it's been a while since I actually liked someone. And I don't wanna screw it up.
Yes, that would be a great thing to say, so that she knows you would like to talk. It might even enable her to want to try and make the meal happen, if you know what I mean.

No need to apologize, that's what I'm here for, this is important to you so it's important to do your best!

Kindest Regards, Karin
Karin Samms, Counselor
Experience: with over 15 years experience offering support with relationship, mental health & addiction issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha thanks! And just one more question cuss I can't think of a way to word it. Like I said I already asked. What's a good way to ask her again so I can I add I wanna talk about something without sounding pushy...
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok haha thanks again.
Hi M,

Thank you for rating my service positively, it is very much appreciated.

Please do let me know if I can be of further help in the future, if you have new questions and would like to return to me, please open a new page and ask your question, please ensure you add "For Karin" at the start of your question and I will do my very best to help and support you.

Take care, my best wishes to you.

Karin