Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I know this gal from past 2 months she is in US for her studies

Customer Question

I know this gal from past 2 months she is in US for her studies we talk everyday chat, video call. I like her and even she does I dont know whats wrong with me I put my marriage proposal she didn't rejected she accepted but, she said she will come after 1 yr and meet me and talk to her parents about it. Was I too fast for proposal I dont know whats wrong with me am confused.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

You are in love with this woman and believe in your heart that you want to marry her and spend the rest of your life with her.

You are courting her every day by chat and video call, but it is hard for you because she is so far away. You do not want to lose her, and so you asked for her hand in marriage.

She has basically agreed with you, pending seeing you again and talking this over with her parents.

If she is he woman that you want to be with for the rest of your life as husband and wife, then you did the right thing in making your intentions know.

You seem to have done the right thing because she has responded in a most positive way. This will give you a better chance at keeping her.

Do not worry. All is fine. Nothing is wrong with you except that you are in love.

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. Sometimes I get sacred what if she finds someone else. She already talked to her mother abt it and her mother told that first she needs to complete her studies. And I told I will wait for her here until she finishes her studies. I am really committed to her and I don't someone else except her.She told me once she finishes her studies she will come here and meet me. But sometimes I get scared what if she stops talking to me or whatever she is saying is true.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again for a help. I hope this book works for me maybe whatever you are saying is my anxiety.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!